Submit your talk here.
This year, we are organizing a CfP (i.e. Call for Participation) to give everyone an opportunity to submit their work and be a speaker in March. If you have carried out original research related to IT security and want to showcase it to the community, please submit your research paper and/or presentation to this CfP.
Below, You will find all relevant details for submission.
This is the timeline for the 2019 edition of the Toulouse Hacking Convention:
- 10th December 2018 — The Call for Participation opens.
- 7th February 2019 — The Call for Participation closes.
- 8th March 2019 — The date of the conference (i.e. the deadline to finalize your slides :' ) ).
INP-ENSEEIHT, 2 Rue Charles Camichel, Toulouse, France
Note that we will do our best to cover travel expenses of speakers coming from the European Union.
We accept any submission that may be relevant in a conference on IT Security and the talk needs to be in French or English.
With this in mind, here is a non-exhaustive list of potential topics:
- Exploitation techniques
- Mitigation techniques
- Reverse engineering (hardware, software, protocols...)
- Vulnerability research (operating systems, smartphones, hypervisors...)
- Malware analysis (sandboxes, reverse engineering...)
- Cryptographic attacks and/or analysis (including protocols)
- Attacks on distributed networks and/or protocols (including proof-of-work algorithms)
- Techniques seen "in the field" (blue teams, operationals...)
- Technical feedback on well-known incidents and/or notable stories of "#FAIL"
- Your last hack and/or system tampering involving any of the techniques listed above
- Your favorite buzzword and/or upcoming threat (machine learning / big data, cloud, IoT, APT...)
- Any research that brings something to the world of IT security
- See previous years' submissions for further examples
Both academic and non-academic speakers are welcome.
We propose a single track event over one day with two main formats: short (~20min) and long (~40min). Nevertheless, we are likely to accept any format you may judge to be appropriate for your submission and generally speaking, we will do our best to accommodate your needs if your submission is of particular interest (and/or fun ! :' ) ).
We encourage you to indicate your preferred format. However, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to offer you the requested slot, but we'll do our best.
- Talks can be submitted here: https://cfp.thcon.party/cfp/;
- Submissions accepted by the organizers will be presented at THC19;
- For accepted works, at least one of the authors must attend the conference and present the work;
- No kind of remote presentation is possible, so please make sure you will be able to attend THC19 before submitting your work;
- Further questions on the submission process may be sent to the organizers at email@example.com;
- Talks must be submitted as yourself and/or on your work (not as a PR firm and/or for marketing purposes);
- We do favor F/LOSS (Free/Libre and Open-Source Software) releases and reproducible works;
- We do favor submissions and/or presentations and/or talks in English;
- Both academic and non-academic speakers are welcome;
- We do not accept product and/or vendor pitches;
- We may need to change the schedule at the last minute (but we will try to avoid any inconvenience of this kind);
- We reserve the right to withdraw any submission at any time without reason (but we won't abuse this right);
- We will broadcast a live stream of the conference, therefore, by speaking at the event, you grant us the permission to record and stream your presentation online;
- You also grant us the permission to upload the recording of your presentation online (along with the presentations from past years);
- You will need to bring your own computer and/or laptop with at least something pluggable to an HDMI screen;
A few extra points:
- We will do our upmost to accommodate your needs, please feel free to ask any questions or give us your feedback: we will be happy to help!
- We ask our participants to be respectful to each other, thus we will expect the same from you – you can checkout our first edition CoC.
If any of these points seem unclear or inappropriate to you, please mention it in your submission or contact us.